Position: Executive Assistant
Reports to: CEO and COO
Support the Executive Team on projects, daily activities and tasks that make operations organized, systemized, and on-brand.
For an article that describes the kind of role and person optimal for this role: https://www.allbusiness.com/understanding-the-executive-assistants-role-4113483-1.html
- Support the CEO and COO: Works closely with the Executive Team to enhance their effectiveness by providing support and information management to the executive and others on both teams
- Admin Tasks and Calendar Management: Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks including maintaining the CEO’s calendar, project management, booking travel, completing expense reports, researching opportunities, organizing meetings, etc.
- Email Management: Manages the CEO’s inboxes, organizes inbox and email flow and corresponds on behalf of the CEO to get to inbox zero
- CRM Management: Maintains a CRM and project management database assigned from the COO
- Customer Service: Communicates directly on the behalf of the CEO to clients, partners and team members for a wide variety of situations
- Website and Content Management: Regularly updates content, email marketing and simple edits on the company website
- Event Planning: Coordinates in person and virtual events for the companies and all of the details in organizing, planning and executing an event. Includes on-site support for local events as applicable. Creates relationships with stylists, event organizers, video and photography teams to be available for our marketing content schedule.
- Systems Keeper: Organizes and maintains systems, backups and files on Dropbox and Google Drive
- Podcast Coordination: researching potential podcasts for the CEO to become a guest on, booking guests on our podcast, researching content and questions.
- Media Coordination: researching potential media for CEO to contribute to, and helping to coordinate communication between parties. Ensures assets are turned over to in-house media team in a timeline manner to be used for ongoing company promotion.
- Research: Various ongoing research and data compilation
- Personal Errands: Coordination and completion of personal errands and tasks
- Admin, Bookkeeping and Filing: helps CEO create presentations, editing slides, assisting with other miscellaneous bookkeeping, filing and in-person admin tasks as needed
- HR Support: researching what’s needed to comply with laws and also recruit and screen potential interns, contractors and employees. Processing onboarding and offboarding of Independent Contractors in their various roles.
- Merchandising Assistance: helps CEO with various product brands that are in start-up mode, including fashion, wine, minerals and other small business ventures that require organization, sales set up and online listings.
- Good working knowledge of Google Suite, Microsoft Office suite and exceptional typing skills. We use Google Drive to keep most documents, in addition to Dropbox.
- Exceptional communication skills; the ability to proactively and professionally speak what’s needed to accomplish goals.
- Excellent writing skills (includes editing others writing).
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills. You’ll be corresponding with customers on a daily basis and being the liaison to get projects done on time or early. We’re looking for a solutions oriented problem solver who can step in the shoes of clients and handle all types of situations with ease and grace for a positive outcome.
- Results-Driven – we want someone that is excited to grow with us through celebrating personal accomplishment in achieving business goals
- Tech savvy – even though your role won’t be “techy” some simple tech issues may arise that will need resolving.
- A professional attitude and superior organizational and time management skills, with the ability to complete tasks on time or early.
- Excellent language and grammar skills.
- Self starter – someone who thrives on completing projects independently and on-time.
- Fast learner – someone who can pick up new systems and learn them quickly.
MORE ON THE ROLE: DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
- You’re highly organized and LOVE following projects through to completion.
- You’re creative and have a passion for fashion, merchandising, and organizing all of it to be gorgeous and ready to sell via various platforms like Poshmark, eBay, Craigslist and on our social media channels (and you are obsessed with figuring out how to make it as seamless and easy to move merchandise as possible).
- Creating systems, checking things off your list and developing structure gets you excited to jump out of bed every morning.
- You enjoy being in a support role, taking over responsibilities and thrive working in a fast paced environment.
- You’re totally pumped to work for (a) quickly growing startup(s) in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re resourceful and relish in figuring out how to get something done but aren’t afraid to ask for guidance when needed.
- You have an insane attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
- You enjoy anticipating what your CEO and COO needs and you can implement quickly.
- You’re passionate about continually learning and improving your skill set.
- Then this might be the right position for you!
- But we want to be clear because we are looking for a super-star who has a strong desire to learn and grow with a company. That’s why….
THIS IS NOT FOR YOU IF:
- You don’t enjoy working virtually or in person. The job may require a little bit of both.
- You’re just looking for some extra cash on the side. We’re seeking someone who could potentially increase their hours.
- You can only work at night or on the weekends. Yes, the hours are flexible but we’ll need you to meet 2-3 times a week.
- You’re looking to build your own thriving EA business, take on multiple clients, we need and delegate work to people on your team.
- You like to be told exactly how to do something or the reverse. There will be a balance in your own creativity in completing assignments, but there will also be times when systems have to be followed to a T.
About 10-20 hours a week to start with the potential to be full time for the right person. If you learn fast and have the availability this could increase quickly. Schedule is flexible and will be discussed during the interview process but you do need to work sometimes in person during the hours of 10-6 with the CEO in the SF Bay Area. Training will be provided for most of the software programs you are not familiar with.
- This is a part-time role with a compensation plan that is competitive.
- This role is eligible to receive incentives for quarterly sales goals met.
- Health benefits not included (but may be eligible after 6 months of employment)
- Allowance for ongoing education in admin, operations and other curriculum to support personal and professional growth
- This is a location independent role, however in-person meetings will be required and the candidate must live in the SF Bay Area and be able to commute to Walnut Creek, CA to work out the HQ there.
- Person must have access to a legal vehicle to run errands on behalf of the company.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please Submit the Following for Consideration to email@example.com:
- Your resume.
- A cover letter (remember: you are going to be a voice that represents our company, and we need you to be charming as heck).
- Link to a brief (<2 minute) video, introducing yourself to Jen and our team